Blue Carbon Solutions is an initiative to provide environmental friendly solutions to the coastal environment with research and education at its core. The specific objectives are:
- To bring to the awareness of Nigerians the role of coastal vegetation (mangrove forests) in environmental stability and livelihood. This will include seminars and school orientation in Nigeria.
- To proffer advice on the sustainable use of resources (fisheries, wood and agriculture) by stakeholders of coastal vegetation (oil companies, government and local communities)
- To engage the community in managing coastal forest resources in Nigeria which includes silviculture, rotational harvesting and sanctuary creation.
- To train students in monitoring coastal health by reporting incidence of tree planting, illegal wood harvesting, oil spills and proper fishing techniques.
- To do all such other things as may be considered incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above mentioned objects or any of them.
- Integrity means that we are transparent in our ways and with honesty, you can be sure we do the right thing when no one is looking
- Passionate means that we were built on the love of the coastal environmental and this close to our heart and mind.
- Teamwork is one of our core values because we aim to bridge gaps between science and policy. Hence, we build lasting relationships formed from the passion of the environment.
- Innovation is naturally at our centre as we strive to use research to provide sustainable solutions to the environment.
Years of Journey
We are a team of environmental scientists that came together to develop a plan for mangrove conservation in Nigeria after the founder carried out a research work in the Niger Delta. We discovered the disjointed records of the various factors affecting these vulnerable forests. We offer research activities, education, policy advice and environmental assessment on the coastal environment using field observations and satellite imagery.